Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Choices

So, I've been feeling kind of down lately.

Part of it is because I'm bored! I want to start working again. Although I love being a stay at home mom to my kids, It's been 2 years since I've worked and I miss it.

A big part of it is missing my family in Utah. I miss my sisters, being able to see them every week with their kids, my handsome brothers, and my parents. I've never been away from my family for this long.

My boys are the only one's keeping me sane in this State.

I think, however, the biggest part is trying to figure out the future.

There are so many questions flooding my brain right now.

When will I finish school? Should I be working right now for the extra income? Should Lance and I move out of his parents?  Should we be buying a new car right now? Should we be writing our will right now? What if we die?? Should we go back to Utah? Should we do this...should we do that.... 

It makes it really hard to make a solid decision. We learn that true faith is walking to the edge of the light and a few steps into the dark, but that kind of seems like it comes from a scary movie haha What if there is a bottomless pit just past the shadows? I'd really rather not fall in. I wish that I could have a flashlight to take with me while I'm exercising my faith. Just a little one; I'd even settle for one of those keychain lights!;)

But thats not the way it works. In order for it to be true faith, we must walk into the unknown, with the soft guidance of the Lord gently pushing us into the right direction. I know he wouldn't let me fall into a bottomless pit.

I know a lot of people have been where I am right now: sitting on the couch late at night, listening to slow jams, stomach growling and their brain furiously trying to figure out
What on earth is the next chapter in their life. And I know some people have had even less of a clue that I do, so I'll most likely be ok. 

I've just got it in my head that in life there is only one right choice at a time. The truth is, there are several. I just want to pick the RIGHT choice you know? I'm also hoping it will just come to me. Not in an impression, a feeling, or in a dream, but preferably in a handwritten letter (from Heavenly Father if possible haha) telling me exactly what to do and in what order!


Thank goodness I know what is most important in life.
Thank goodness I know that truths that I do.
Thank goodness I have Lance and my 2 beautiful boys.
And thank goodness for my family!


I'd be willing to take any advice anyone has to offer on methods of how to make big choices. I'm just going to put that out there.


Anyway, it's 3:10 a.m. and I think it's time to go to bed;) hehe Night!

3 comments:

  1. hey girly... wow can't believe you actually moved. Good for you =) I feel you on your post- i don't have much advice BUT... i do know President Monson once said that "... most answers are found when you're on your knees!!" Good luck out there!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leta. Thanks for the advice...I do need to turn more to our heavenly father:) Hope your doing well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ask myself the same kinda questions... we miss & love u guys!

    ReplyDelete