Monday, November 21, 2011

Thoughts

Something is bugging me.

My friend and I were talking about a situation that happened between another couple and how they argue and fight a lot. This couple is married with children and had gone through the Temple. She then says, "I don't want to go through the Temple if thats how it's going to be." Meaning, whats the point of going if the couple is still going to fight and argue..etc;

That's not the first time I heard it. Someone close to us told me the same thing when Lance and I were going through some tough times and said, "I can't believe it..you guys went through the Temple...this shouldn't be happening."

It's like marriage is supposed to be "picture perfect" after you get married or sealed in the Temple. I wish it were that way lol But that's what we strive for! I didn't go through the Temple to have a perfect marriage or a perfect family...I went through the temple to be with my husband and my kids for all time and ETERNITY. I went for many reasons but I don't see my self as being on a higher pedestal than those who haven't gone through.

I wish they could see what I see and feel what I feel when we go inside the Temple and ALL the wonderful blessings it brings to our family.

Families are Forever.
  

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely right Tilly. We don't go through the temple because we are perfect, but because we are STRIVING to be perfect like our Savior. Going to the temple is another blessing/help that our Heavenly Father has given us to help us on our journey back to him.

    ReplyDelete