Friday, June 29, 2012

Accomplished!

Wow, it's been so long since I've last blogged! The past two months have been a life changing experience for me..A NEW ME! I've accomplished so much in just 2 months! May 2012, I made a decision that I have always been wanting to do but never kept up with, and always failed. I wanted to lose weight. I wanted to be fit and healthy! I wasn't doing much at the start. I played basketball with some good friends every week and always got a good sweat out of it. But it wasn't enough and I still wasn't determined. I got a text saying that basketball was canceled because someone had the gym scheduled for Zumba, so I decided to go anyway and try it out. I got there before Zumba, a half hour early and there were people lined up, getting measured and I had asked someone what they were doing, and he said it was a Biggest Loser Competition. I took a flyer and started reading about it. The competition was for 12 weeks and the winner gets $400! It was only $20 to sign up and so I did. I didn't really care for the prize money, I wanted something to help me stay motivated and this was it.

May 22, 2012 - I weighed in at 222 lbs :( I know sad!

We weigh in every Monday so from then on, is when I was determined. I worked out everyday! At the time I was doing Insanity every morning, played basketball once or twice a week and that first week was when I accomplished something I haven't done in a loooong time! I ran my first mile! I wasn't even planning on running that day. We took the kids to the park to play. I was in gym clothes and sandals lol My brother in law and his wife came along but they were working out. Mind you she is 6 months prego and she was jogging around the track lol Luckily I left my shoes in my car, so I ran along with her. I jogged half the track and got tired! I'm not much of a runner as you can see haha We were all just sitting under the tree and joking around I told my little sister, Marjorie, "what will you give me if I run a mile?" and she says a pat on the back lol Something in me kept saying to do it, so I did. It wasn't the easiest thing being that I haven't ran in so long, with my family watching me, I didn't want them to see me fail. I know a mile doesn't seem like a lot but for me, it was a huge accomplishment! That first week, I pushed myself like no other! I still wasn't eating as good but working out everyday balanced that out.

A week later we had weigh in. I no confidence in myself whatsoever. I knew I worked my butt off the week before but I was in shock when I stepped on that scale! 215 lbs is what it said! SHOCKED, is all I was feeling! I couldn't believe I lost 7 lbs in one week, all on my own! I won our weigh in that day and got $20 so I pretty much got my money back from when I first signed up!

As weeks went by, the number on the scale kept going down and thats what motivated me the most.

I love reading weightloss success blogs to get ideas from them! Eating is always the hardest for me. I dont eat out any more, I cut out all Soda and unhealthy snacks but I didn't know what kinds of food were healthy! Other than veggies, fruits, whole grains and chicken! lol so I try to eat as much of that for every meal. For snacks, I'll just eat an apple and a slice of toast.

I am not perfect, I do have days where I'll go back to my bad habits. I always make up for it in the gym the next day! I have to remind myself that its ok to have cheat days!

One more thing I have accomplished, is running my first 5K with obstacle courses. THE SPARTAN RACE. The best feeling was reaching that Finish line! I couldn't have done it without the help of 3 girls that I ran with. I loved the teamwork feeling throughout the whole course. This is definitely not the last race I'm going to do!


A month later, Today, I weighed myself in at....

drum roll please....hehe


19 lbs in one month! And this is only the beginning. Baby steps! First goal is to get out of the 200's!


I also use my it works products! I just started using them 2 weeks ago I have used one wrap so far. I feel like It didn't do much for me. I saw a difference in my skin but as for inch loss, not much. I use the defining gel daily to help with the appearance of my skin and it really has made a difference. My skin is so much tightened and it just looks better. I don't have much cellulite but the cream has helped with my stretch marks! I also use Fat fighter Pills that I take after my big meals or when I want to cheat and eat a burger or something lol

I think its funny when I tell people about my weightloss and what I have done to get where I am today. Once I bring up my It Works products, they say, "Oh, I never used any weightloss products. I did it all natural!" I tell you this...I have worked my butt off to get where I am. Yea I have used products to help me, but the only time I see good results is when I bust my A in the gym and eat well. Either way, I still would have gotten where I am today :)

Loving life right now! Will update soon on my new journey! 





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Tilly im so happy for you! Man after having two kids I def wanna lose weight fast, your blog just motivated me to do so!! Hope all is well and can't wait to see your results..! Keep it up!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete