Thursday, September 22, 2011

Elder Alo


The youngest of our family! I'm so proud of my little brother. I got to spend so much time with him while we were in Utah, it was great! It's crazy looking back when we were younger. It was always him and I fighting, arguing etc; We both would do anything just to get the other in trouble. Of course him being the youngest, I got the blame for everything! lol I miss him a lot! I just read an email from him (his 1st email in the MTC) and it made me all teary eyed! He said the 3rd day there he got really homesick, which is surprising! He was so anxious to get out and he told everyone he's not gonna be homesick. He's always been so independent so I didn't really expect that from him. I think it's because he said his companion is giving him a hard time. He says they're total opposites from each other but I know that our Heavenly Father gave him that companion for a reason. It's because anyone who knows Rex, knows that he is very impatient! Only because he is a perfectionist! Every thing has to be on time, organized and done at a matter of time. He's always been like that.

My brother has already blessed our family in many ways! He's brought our family closer together than ever before. Now when I'm talking about my family, I mean my mom's side. Her brothers/sisters, their kids and so forth! Our Tafili side. I can't even remember the last time we all had a get together as a family because there has been so much tension between everyone. Everyone put everything aside because of the love we had for Rex! We spent a lot of time together as a family just laughing, reminiscing on old times, talking about our grandpa...

Rex's Sunday program was...Breathtaking! I'm so serious when I say that because the spirit was so strong. He did an awesome job on his farewell talk. Very well prepared and the musical numbers were uplifting! His mission prep teacher audio recorded the whole program so we were very grateful for that. When I got back home from Utah, I had my itunes player on shuffle, cleaning and  listening to some beyonce, adele & brian mcknight then Rex's program played. Once again my emotional self got teary eyed listening to his talk:( Not only that but my little cousins, Jb & kayleens musical number singing "As a Lamb to the Slaughter." One of my favorite songs! Just listen to the words. It tells the story of Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum who sacraficed so much to restore this wonderful gospel.

"As a Lamb to the Slaughter
I willingly go
and I for my Father
His strength feels my soul
I live for my Savior
And I'll die for him too."

Beautiful isn't it! Makes me cry everytime.

I miss you Rex and I know that our Heavenly Father is watching over you! 
Return with Honor. I know you will!


My advice to you: Download the original version by Jimmy Westbrook and Dan Truman! You'll love it!
http://youtu.be/VmU-WRt_5t4

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Tilly! Your brother will be an amazing missionary :)

    ReplyDelete