Thursday, September 22, 2011

Our little Preschooler!

I'm still in awe that I have a child who is in school already! My how time goes by so fast! Since we've been in Utah pretty much all summer, I couldn't wait to come back to WA and get everything settled for preschool. Drey talked about it all summer and now its finally here!
We took him school shopping which was very exciting being that Dreysen is our first child to go to school but I think he was more excited to pick out his backpack! haha! It was even on sale for $9 when the original price was $27! Can't beat that! Afterwards, we took the kids for lunch and headed back home. 

Before we were getting ready for bed, I asked Lance if he could give Drey a blessing for school. I know its just preschool but looking back at my childhood, my Dad always gave us blessing the night before our first day of school, so I wanted to do the same with my kids. Since Lance got his priesthood, he has only giving a blessing once, and that was for me when I got ill. So he kind of sat on the bed for a while, probably thinking things through his head...what he's gonna say, how he's gonna say it...just so he does everything right since it has been a while. When he laid his hands on Dreys head, I couldn't hold back my tears. I was crying like a baby! At that moment I realized how blessed and thankful I am to have a priesthood holder in our family! I peeked my eye's open and saw how reverent and still both Dreysen and Zee were. Both folding their arms...closing their eyes...It was amazing! Usually during prayer they are often playing with their fingers, making noices etc; but this time was different. I wish they could be like that during sacrament! haha but anyway, This is something I would like to do every year with all our kids.

The next morning I woke Drey up around 7:15 am and he didn't complain one bit! I thought I'd have a hard time waking him up that early since he usually sleeps til 10 am lol but he did awesome. Before we left he kept telling me, "mommy! Don't wake up Zee because school is for big boys, not babies!" haha I told him that the spotlight is all on him today. I told him that because we usually always take Zee with us everywhere we go and Drey stays behind with the grandparents so it was funny when he mentioned that. 

His first day was great! Knowing Drey he is the curious type, very energetic and can't keep still! He kept wanting to go to different areas of the room, asking whats this, whats that. You know what typical young boys would do. 
He ended up not staying for the whole day since some of his paperwork weren't finished from his doctor. They needed an Epi pen for him just in case he gets an allergic reaction to peanuts (hopefully that won't be the case!) so we left to the doctors to fix that and he got to go back the next day!

 I'm truly grateful to our HF for blessing me with 2 amazing little boys who keep me busy everyday! And most of all, grateful that they are healthy and strong! I am excited for whats to come for Dreysen. He is going to learn so much more and yet this is only the beginning! Proud momma here!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment