Monday, September 26, 2011

Forget me not

I really enjoyed the Relief Society Conference this past Saturday. I didn't think I was going to watch it because I got home around 5 pm and my in laws already left to the chapel to watch the broadcast but luckily, we had the byu channel so I sat comfortably on the couch with my blanket, notepad and pen, to take notes.

Each talk was inspiring and so uplifting! My favorite, as always, was Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk on the "Five Forget me Not's." I didn't even know there was a flower with that kind of name lol but his talk could not have come at a more appropriate time for me, personally. Our family has been experiencing some difficult trials over the past month, and I have definitely struggled with discourage. 

"...I was never forgotten, and I know something else...neither are you. You are not forgotten. Where ever you are, whatever the circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, he loves you with an infinite love."

As human beings, I think we've all felt "forgotten" at certain points in our lives. In a world where it is easy to feel like just a number, I am so thankful that our Heavenly Father knows us and does not forget us! I literally cried when he mentioned that quote. It was like having my own personal face to face conversation with him and he was speaking directly to me. He always has such a way of making you feel important and loved.

Hold on to the simple joys and don't wast time looking for the "golden ticket" for you have it in your hand now, all it takes is that realization. I LOVED that! Focus on the WHY not the how/what! Loved that as well! I can't say enough wonderful things about this conference! I am a new Woman :) Excited for this weekend to be more spiritually fed.

2 comments:

  1. OMGGGG.... Do you know where I can watch this?? You are the 4th person that has talked about this conference:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis! You can watch it on LDS.org. It was the Relief Society Conferece:) You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete