Saturday, December 3, 2011

I love my calling!

I love my calling! This I know is where I need to be right now. I feel the spirit so strong when I'm around these young women, (who really aren't much younger than me), who face such strong adversity in their lives, yet have strong testimonies of the gospel and live such virtuous lives. Sometimes I feel they are more an example to me than I am to them!
When I got called to be the beehive advisor, I was excited but scared and nervous at the same time. I have never taught a class before! That is why I know that my Heavenly Father is mindful of me. He knows that teaching is my weakness and that I am very shy when it comes to speaking in front of people but i can honestly say that, that weakness is becoming one of my strengths and I learn something new every week from it!

I am most grateful to be able to utilize my talents with these girls. My music especially. Music has always been a part of me but once again...I was always the shy one to share my talent! Growing up, I did a lot of singing for our church or for farewells, or preludes for sacrament, and most of the time, I got nervous. My hands would start to shake, and my voice will start to be "shaky" too (is that even a word? lol) I think because my Mom always forced it upon me...it was never something that I loved to do (other then singing to myself haha) but it was never my passion... Okkkay, I'm going off track...that calls for a different blog post lol So anyway, for our Young Women in Excellence, I volunteered to teach a music number for them. I found the perfect song that goes with our theme and I can't wait! to hear them sing it next week Wednesday! They sound so good!

 I am blessed to be apart of their lives and thankful to the other leaders I serve with who are great examples to me as well!

1 comment:

  1. You're AWESOME Tilly! I'm so happy to have met & become close friends with you:) The girls are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete