Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mom

One thing that I always wished to have, growing up, was a close relationship with my Mom. You know the kind that you can tell her anything, even if it was something you did wrong, the kind of relationship when you can say, "My Mom is my BEST FRIEND." I'm sad that I didn't do anything about it when I was a teenager. Although my mom wasn't ever one to come up to me and talk about personal things, I could of stepped up to the plate and gone and talked to her. I was going through my journal (from my Jr. High to High school days) and I hated myself for writing so many posts about my Mother. Posts that said all the "bad" things that I didn't like about her, or what she did to make me mad.
I think out of all my siblings, even though they think I was always the spoiled one...I felt like my Mom pushed me the most. There was a time in my life where I had so many things going on. Some I wanted to do and the others, not so much. My Mom forced me to do it. My week was filled with school, piano lessons, singing lessons, guitar lessons, school basketball, club volleyball and church! I was always doing something. At times I would fight with my Mom because I wanted to quit piano, or I wanted to quit guitar...but I would get yelled at and would never win the conversation. I hated that I couldn't have a regular teenage life. I hated that my mother made me go to my basketball tournament instead of my sister, Nita's graduation. I hated that she made me sing and play the guitar in front of the whole polynesian community at flag week..there were so many things that I had on my mind..I don't think I ever sat down and thought about what I can do to have a better relationship with her.

Now that I am older I couldn't be more happier about her pushing me to do all these things! Of course I didn't succeed in guitar lol but I am grateful that she instilled in me to never quit! If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't know how to play the Piano, or play volleyball, basketball, and softball. All those times I wanted to quit doing all of it, my Mom wouldn't let me. As teenagers, we seem to think that our parents are the worst parents ever. When you grow up, you appreciate them more and realize they do it to help us, to prepare us, to keep us busy. I love my Mom so much! Even though still, today I wonder about the things that she does that I don't agree with but she is one of a kind...the best Grandma who adores my kids and sooo much more! 

I love you Mom!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think any teenager really appreciates their parents for what they do or even understand the reasoning behind what their parents do. It's not until we're grown that we finally realize all the good and all the sacrifice that they make for us. Fortunately for some of us we still have our parents around so this is the time for us to let them know how much we love and appreciate all that they did and still do for us.

    ReplyDelete