Sunday, January 22, 2012

Couch Potatoe

...is exactly how I've been feeling for the past couple weeks. I have never felt this lazy ever and the weather doesn't help at all either. So I've been thinking...what can I do to be more active? Of course I thought of getting a gym membership but I can hardly afford that! A friend of mine told me they play basketball every Saturday in the morning so there goes one day out of the week. What about the other 6 days?

Honestly, what I really want to do...Is get together with some of the girls from our ward and do something similar to EMZ in Utah. "Early Morning Zumba" Read this: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=18303965
It really was so much fun dancing and working out at the same time with so many other Polynesian women and the good thing about it was.. it was free! I loved the energy there and I couldn't help but smile and see an older woman sitting on a chair in the back of the gym, just using her upper body to do the moves. It really was amazing. There were little kids there, and even teenage boys! Its just awesome to see how much ONE person can make a difference. When they first started off, they only had, I think 10-15 people show up, or even less. and now, you pretty much have to show up early to get a spot! lol  I would love to start something..anything...it doesn't have to be Zumba. Just something that we can all do as a group. It really is that much easier when you have someone by your side who is aiming for the same goals. Even if it means, meeting somewhere to play basketball in the morning. I'll take playing sports over any treadmill lol

Still thinking of ideas...I hope I can come up with something. I think the hard part of it all will be finding a chapel or somewhere to do it. 


1 comment: