Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dads Song


This was my Dads favorite song! The last time we came to Utah, he picked us up from the airport and I remember him bumpin this song so loud while in the car. One thing I have learned from my dad, is to LOVE! He had the biggest heart. He was always giving to others, never hesitated to say no. Growing up, there were a lot of people who stayed at our house when they needed a place to stay. My Dad always welcomed my brothers and sisters friends to stay with us until they were back on their feet.
I think I take after my Dad a lot. He taught me to always look to the good in everyone, to always give service unto others and most of all, he taught me how to love my husband. He loved my Mom so much and did everything for her. Everyone knew that. Like my Uncle John would say, "Your Dad would do anything to  make your mom happy, even if it means doing something illegal." lol and the same goes for his children.

He spent a lot of time at my Uncle Johns house when my mom was away. They were best friends! In my Dads words, this is what he told John:

"Brother, If I ever pass, I want JB and the family to sing this song for my funeral, dedicated to my wife" (as he gives the CD to him with the song "Loimata Maligi")

It was a love song and there wasn't a dry eye that day when we sang. My Dad must of known his time was coming soon.

I think thats why I expect so much from Lance...because I see how my Dad treats my mom, and how he spoiled her. Never missed a birthday, anniversary, mothers day etc; He always cooked for her and so much more. Anyway, I am jumping all over the place with this post. This song will always be one of my favorites. My cousins are amazing and I want to thank them for their time and effort that they put into helping us with the funeral! With little practice with this song, it couldn't have been any better!

1 comment:

  1. That was so beautiful Tilly, I wish I could of made it to the funeral. I love how your dad loved your mom so much, makes me think of my dad. Thank you for sharing such beautiful memories of your dad!

    ReplyDelete