Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good Times

As much as I am excited to move out of state and experience something new, there are, of course, some things I will miss about Utah and being with my family.


When my family gets together, usually at my sister Nita's house, we like to play games. Lately it's been these four games: Monopoly on Cards, butt man, castle, modern warefare online and scattergories!  Scattergories is my favorite. Sometimes we get the most random, weird, funny answers and can't forget about the "fob" answers. haha Lance is the winner at that. For example: The question was -  name something that you can find in an arena that starts with the letter "G." Lances answer was "a GAGE, you know where they have wrestling matches in?" haha I'm sure he meant to say Cage! lol I recommend this game to all families and friends. You'll get a good laugh out of it for sure.  The second game, Monopoly, just like the board game but with cards. Very fun game as well. I'm sure going to miss having everyone together, staying up till 4 or 5 in the morning, being loud and obnoxious haha and playing games such as these 4. I'll have to introduce my in-laws to it. It may be fun and games, but it has brought us all closer together.

Oh Grandma Sycamore bread! My favorite! When we were in Washington a couple months ago, my husband and I went to Safeway to do some food shopping. As I went to the bread isle, I stood there with my eyes gazing at all the different kinds of bread looking for grandma sycamore! Then my husband says that they don't sell it in Washington! So correct me if I'm wrong! hehe


What I'll miss about Salt Lake City is that you don't have to travel to far to get to where you want to go. Everything seems to be just around the corner! hehe Walmart, Target, the mall, salons, gas stations etc; everything is close by! Can't forget about our LDS chapels! One on every street! haha Although one thing i for sure wont miss, is Utah's crazy bipoloar weather! Bring on the rainy days & cloudy skies! Just like how it is in Twilight! haha Im sure I can hang with the weather up there. We will be back for sure though! Utah will always be home to me:)
                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Our Family Team *Team JA-WARD* We actually came up with this name from Twilight! half of our team was for Team Edward, the other half for Jacob...so we put it together and then came up with JA-WARD! lol I'm going to miss my volleyball crew, my family team! Junior, Pearl, Tini, Me, Tulu, Shane, Lance, Nita, Swaps. (Tulu isn't blood related but this tourney we needed another guy. Plus he was a big asset to our team hehe.) Usually when there is a co-ed tourney, we put in our family team and so far have taken championship 3 times. Minus one where Lance and I didn't play due to when he had to have surgery on his hand. The best thing about playing with eachother is we can yell at whoever...whenever! haha It's family so none of us really get offended. At the end of the day, we still love eachother! hehe The picture above was taken from Drews birthday tourney where we took 1st. It was fun though cuz My little brother had his own team "High Schoolers," we went 3 games with them, and then my sister Nita played with her inlaws team including my cousin Nini and her bf who is a Fonua as well. It was a fun tourney. Afterwards, we all celebrated at Chili's (Thanks to the great $15 dollar chili's gift card!) Maybe one day they'll all come visit in WA and play in a tourney! That'd be awesome!

5 comments:

  1. hey Tilly! so good to see you on here!!! I'm so happy that everything worked out for the better, having a baby young, working, school, moving, your hubbys job!! I can tell you are an awesome mom, giving up all those sacrafices, and not thinking twice if it was worth it or not! cause we are the blessed ones to have them! look forward to blogging with you!!! kiss those two cuties for me. luv ya..tala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tala! hey girl! Its been so long! I see that your living in St George huh? The last time i saw your daughter she was just an infant...look at her now! my! How time flies by so quickly! Glad to see you on here as well. I'm still new to this whole blogging but give me another week or so, and I'll be a pro like you! haha ;) Hope you and your cute little family are doing good! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tilly! We will surely miss seeing you and your little family in church. Especially Dre! Good luck on the move and yikes on the Granny Sycamore bread! I'd die without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha you guys suck! boo team jaward haha well miss you guys volleyball is going great!! i love it! jus the whole waking up at 5 is not the business haha but everything is going good lol hope all is well wit you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont be Jealous rex cuz we beat you guys! haha jk bro. miss you guys

    ReplyDelete