Monday, January 3, 2011

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood:)

Today was great! I thought I would hate getting up early since church starts at 9 am now, but it wasn't that bad after all. Even though we woke up a little late, we still managed to get to church on time. My boys seemed to be more calm. When church used to be at 1, that was always around Zelands nap time so he would be fussy the whole day...Drey on the other hand, never takes naps. He is my little energizer bunny! Hyper 24-7! lol
 I need to be a bit more organized. My goal for every Saturday is to pick out our church clothes for the next day, pack the kids bags, make sure they have their church shoes & pack snacks and juice for Drey & Zee. I'll do it once in a while and it makes my Sundays so much easier, but other days when I don't, I'm not happy. lol I yell at Lance for not helping me, I get frustrated and sometimes, I'll not even want to go to church because I'm so burnt out from trying to get everything together. Today, everything went well, till we got to the chapel and I realized I left the kids bag at home. Good thing there were extra diapers in the car so I called Lance to stop by the store and get some bananas and juice for the boys. Zee wasn't too happy in sacrament. He kept looking in my bag since he knows thats where the food is so I took him out and we went into one of the rooms and played on the piano till daddy came. 

The spirit was so strong today in our YW class. I enjoyed listening to the testimonies that were given, especially from some of the inactive girls and loved the lesson that was taught on the true meaning of the YW theme by Sister Leavai. I am forever grateful to have this calling in the young women. I remember when I first got called to be the Secretary and how excited I was and happy that I had the "easy" job but I guess I spoke to soon...couple weeks later I got called to be the Beehive Advisor. Oh how I felt so overwhelmed and inadequate when I received it. Being the Advisor meant that I would teach every Sunday except for when they combine. I haven't taught a lesson to a class EVER and next week will be my first. I know I'm going to be nervous but the Lord knows my weaknesses and I know they will turn into my Strengths:) The Young Women program has been such a wonderful influence in my life and I am definitely a better woman for having this calling.

Anyway, I haven't done a recent update on the kids so here it is:

Zeland- 17 months
-He walks like a pro now!
-Still eats everything! Today I caught him going through the new package of toilet paper we bought and he was eating it. lol The other day, he got into my make up, specifically my eye shadow...and ate that too! haha A little weird, but a cute kinda weird:) lol
-He has an attitude! He'll yell out STOP if he doesn't like what your doing, he'll then...scratch you, maybe throw in a little punch and run a way if he has something that you want. lol
-Loves watching movies:)
-He's awesome with having his NAP time everyday around 1-2pm.
-Picky eater!! He spits everything out just for fun;)
-He likes to pull the switch off of the computer when someone uses it and always turns the tv off when the boys are playing video games...I know it's just to annoy them! lol
-He's my little cuddler:)
-He can now say ALEX, stop, mama, Sasa, chicken lol, and he points to everything he wants

Dreysen-3 yrs
-Starts Head Start this year!!:( I'm so excited for him...I know he'll love it. He's just like his dad...my little social butterfly:) He gets a long with everyone!
-He knows how to identify 4 shapes. Triangle, Square, Circle, Octagon! lol
-He catches onto music so quickly! I swear if he listened to a song twice he'll memorize the whole thing! Current favorite songs:
*Pretty girl rock lol He repeats "my name is kerry, I'm so very..."
*Grenade by Bruno Mars
*Dynamite by ??
*Teach me how to dougie!
- He knows how to navigate the computer! I caught him on youtube one time and I have no clue how he got on there...then, couple minutes later, saw him on the Halo website lol
Next time I'll have to watch him and see what he does because he even knows how to click on Start>accessories>games>Solitare haha
-He is so smart!!



Here's something I don't get...no matter how much BLUE or "boy clothes" my boys have on, they still get mistaken for GIRLS? lol wth! random thought:) 



1 comment:

  1. LoL@your random thought... that just means they're just too cute ;)

    Ah Tilly, you have grown into a beautiful woman/mother/wife. I totally can relate to you, being prepared for Sunday before Sunday comes helps for EVERYONE to be happy because Mommy is happy =) I know you'll do great teaching those beehives, they're lucky to have you. I hope everything goes smooth for you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete