Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trip to the ER

Trips to the ER are no fun! Zeland hardly ever gets sick so it was unusual that it was his turn this time rather than his older brother. This morning he was perfectly fine. We woke up, they ate pancakes for breakfast then they watched a little bit of t.v. and Zee was as normal as he is on any other day. 
Today was actually different since I finally decided to stop being lazy and do something fun and crafty with the boys. lol We cut and drew different kinds of shapes and I let them color it afterwards. Drey was already familiar with some of the shapes so it was fun seeing him teach his little brother how to say "circle" or "square." We did other stuff like color and trace their hands but they got pretty bored with that and started playing with their toys. 

It was around 8 pm when Zee started vomiting everything he ate and within 3 hours, He threw up at least 5 times. Checked his temperature and that was at 96. I waited for at least another hour because I would hate to go to the ER and all the doctor says is to give them plenty of fluids, which I could of done at home instead of waste my gas and $50 copay! lol But we took him in. He threw up 3 more times just in the waiting area and another in the room they put us in. I hated seeing him like this. He was snuggled in my arms the whole time then I get a call from Dreysen who was at home. He called to say that he missed me and he wanted Zee and I to come home. I was in my "proud mommy" moment thinking to myself how blessed I am to have to precious boys who depend on me to love & take care of them. I started laughing after Drey says, "I'm sick too! I go doctor" all because Zee was sick he wanted to be sick too! lol
Anyway, long story short, They needed to get blood work and they poked him on both forearms and couldn't get blood until the 4th try. I was already irritated with the doctor because my poor son his crying his eye's out while they poke him for nothing! I know it's to be expected that drawing blood isn't always going to be successful on your 1st try, but come on...4 times! 

He is doing a lot better. He threw up again when we got home but he should be fine once we get his prescription tomorrow morning.

It's getting late, Lance just got home from work so I'm hittin' the sheets! Night:)

1 comment:

  1. Hope your little guy is feeling better! Drey is so cute!! He is definitely a big brother!

    ReplyDelete