Sunday, November 14, 2010

Catching up

So things have been a bit crazy for me this past week, but I don't really want to go into details. I'm not sure if I mentioned in other posts but I got called to be the Young Women Secretary in our ward and I was stoked! I know its just the "secretary" but I was excited to be around the girls. It makes me miss my younger days when I was in the youth at Midvalley ward in Utah since I didn't really get to finish, or lets say "graduate" lol from the YW's. When I got pregnant, I couldn't be in the youth anymore, and it was understandable. I went straight to Relief Society and could no longer participate in any kind of youth activities. I was surprised when I came to the ward here in Washington to see some of the youth girls that have kids...and still are in the youth. It's just different, because in UT, once you get pregnant if your in the youth, you have to start going to Relief Society lol

Anyway, So the YW are doing dances for their Thanksgiving talent show and dinner and each class had to do a dance. The laurels are doing Tahitian, Miamaids: Hawaiian and Beehives: Tongan. With already 2 weeks into practice, the miamaids still didn't have a dance so Nessa asked me if I could come up with something. I'm not much of a dancer, so I looked up some dances on youtube, learned it in one night, and taught it to the girls the next day. It was so last minute but they are doing awesome and we have one more practice till the show. I wish I could take credit for coming up with the dance but oh well! haha I'm glad I could help out and I can't wait to share my ideas with other activities.

The kids are growing up too fast. Today, for the first time...Dreysen stayed in Primary and went to class without having me there with him. He kept singing the "hello" song when he came home and I couldn't help but laugh at him. He is a fast learner when it comes to music and thats what I love about him. He definitely gets it from my side of the family! haha ;)
Zeland on the other hand is a handful.While Dreysend is my little "singer"...Zee is my "dancer" which he gets it from his daddy..and uncle Stephen lol When Drey sings, Zee will be there dancing! Its so cute. He's so independent and always wants to do things on his own. I'll try and feed him and he'll throw a fit because he wants to feed him self and I always catch him in his own little corner playing with toys by himself. He's such a handful and he is STILL not walking at 15 months lol He'll be ready soon, I just know it. He is however, standing up on his own...

3 comments:

  1. girl....its like that here as well..once you get prego you have to go to Relief society....its just that some girls dont want to listen. so dont worry...you werent the only one...there were about 3-4 young mothers before you came up to Washington and they went straight to Relief Society. Rebellion is a sad thing here...but its okay... :)

    Wish we could be here for the dinner..but that's so awesome your doing great with your calling. I know Tina will camera... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW I miss the kids....hey you should teach dre the SCRIPTURE POWER song...it's pretty catchy and i bet he would love it...lol....when the kids sing it they always punch up in the air when they sing SCRIPTURE POWER....lol...just look it up i can't really explain it...lol but awww i miss the boys, too bad we didn't have web cam so we can listen to dre....maybe we'll get one to skype with ya'll...love you guys and kiss the boys for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Margaret! thats right, you'll be on vaca! Lucky you!! haha I knew it seemed kind of odd seeing some of the young mothers in the youth lol

    Hey sis, whats the scripture power song? I'll see if it's on youtube haha Get a webcam already plss!! I want to see the kids. love you guys

    ReplyDelete