Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 16: Something you could live without.

I love my cable television but I'm sure I could live without it. The TV is my best friend! lol It makes my children happy whenever they get to watch their favorite shows and I blame myself for Dreysens lack of vocabulary. He's been watching tv since he was about 8 months and now, he sort of has trouble with his speech. Trust me, this boy talks A LOT...but he can't talk clearly! lol I took him for a check up last month and his Pediatrician said that if he's still talking the same when he turns 4, she recommends taking him to a speech therapist. So I've been more strict with him about watching tv or even playing video games with his uncles and bought some flash cards that will hopefully help him progress. Last year my mom got that "Your Baby Can Read" stuff and it honestly worked for a day or 2 for Drey. It was all stacked in the box and I came home one day to all the cards on the floor, most of it was ripped up and the dvd's were everywhere. When I finally put everything together, I was missing a lot of stuff, plus most of it...Drey ruined. I was so mad because I wanted to use it for Zeland but anyway did you know...
  • -Children who consistently spend more than 4 hours per day watching TV are more likely to be OVERWEIGHT? 
-TV characters often depict risky behaviors, such as smoking and drinking, and also reinforce gender - role and racial  stereotypes

- Kids who view violent acts are more likely to show aggressive behavior but also fear that the world is scary and that something bad will happen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment