Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 9 - Someone your proud of

Rex Lee Alo Jr.
My not so "little" brother is who I am proud of. We always fought when we were younger and both would find anything to get the other in trouble. My mom always took his side though since he was the baby of the family lol Marjorie and Stephen (my inlaws) remind me so much of myself and Rex...always arguing over nothing! haha
Everything changed when we got older and now, he is more like a best friend to me. I'm so proud of him for all his accomplishments in life. In high school, he was always on the honor roll and involved in multiple activities. He now attends Utah Valley University striving to become a Pediatrician. I wish him the best of luck! You can do it Rex!

Anyway, He sent my sisters and I an email yesterday about a dream that he had. I hope he doesn't mind if I share:

"I just felt like I needed to share this with you guys but anyways so I've been slacking off on my scripture reading and with some stuff and all that but I had this dream last night that really helped a lot and answered my prayers so here it is:

"I was shopping in the mall and was getting ready to leave. Right as I was walking out something pulls me in, it wasn't like a pus, it was a BIG pull. It grabbed my leg and pulled me up towards the ceiling in the mall. I tried to resist it and tried everything else to get away from it but I couldn't. I started crying, all of a sudden I see dad outside the door and he was telling me we got to go and to hurry up. I was sitting there crying for help and dad couldn't help me. He stood by the door as if I wasn't getting dragged in so I started to cry more and also asking for help and then I dropped to the ground. There, I was laying face down on the ground crying...wondering why? Why me? A friend came up to me and told me the reason why is that your not ready..your not prepared, and when you start falling away from who you are and falling away from your studies our going to fall and your going to fall hard [END]"

Touching story right? It almost brought me to tears and I wish I was there to just give Rex a hug. Its amazing how our Heavenly Father answers prayers.

We love you Rex and wish you the best of Luck in everything you do! Good luck today at USU on your volleyball game and also, don't forget who you are..."A child of GOD" 

No comments:

Post a Comment