Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 7 - A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you

The person who has made the biggest impact on my life is my mother, Uanita Tafili Alo. Growing up I never really had that mother daughter connection with her. I felt like I was always forced to do everything and that my mom was living her dreams through me by signing me up for multiple activities. The other day I was reading through some of my journals that I had written during my Junior high school days and I hated myself for speaking so negative about my mom. I look at myself today and she truly is a mirror for me...I see so much of myself in her. Other than the obvious answer of giving me life, she has given me so much more than that. Because of her examples, I know how to be a good mother to my two boys. She was always there to support me in everything I do and even though at times we'll have our disagreements, I will always love her unconditionally. 


I received a letter from her today, along with some stuff that she bought for the boys...It made my cry a little. I wanted to share a little of what she wrote:


"Tilly, I love you and miss you so much. Make sure you teach Drey & Zee Discipline and take them to nursery at church. Make sure they both have books around and take time to walk them to the park. I love you and Lance. Stay true and active to your calling. Be a good YW leader and use your talent for the YW.....Tilly, respect your husband. Watch your mouth and think before you speak. I love you...."


I laughed when I read the end of her letter. She definitely knows me too well. I'm so grateful to have a wonderful mother in my life and a great Grandma to my kids. I love you MOM!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like my mom... :( lol Great blog....truely a great example! :)

    ReplyDelete